.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
Kendrick Brown
The remains of a Quincy house are shown after it was engulfed by fire Tuesday morning.. Photo by
Three injured in house fire

A home in Quincy’s Scott-town community was destroyed Tuesday morning when a fire fully engulfed the house.

According to firefighters from Quincy’s fire department, the fire began around 8:30 a.m. Family members of the home’s inhabitants believe the fire began when a minor was playing with fireworks — possibly sparklers — and didn’t properly dispose of them afterward.

Bobcat boys prepare for final stretch

The Munroe Bobcats came out of spring break to a pair of district games against Tallavana and FAMU High.  Playing without seniors Bo Bailey, Max Baroody, Will Harris, Bradley Klees, and Casey Mathers, who were in Breckinridge, Colo., for the annual senior trip, and with fellow seniors Nolan Haire and Jonny Walkup using the week to rest up, the Bobcats enjoyed an abbreviated week of Baseball.

Along Twin Ponds Road

Gloria Dowaliby should haven been in show business. Instead, she chose the teaching profession. She was glamorous, witty and just seemed to have all those characteristics of a Broadway star. Fortunately for Gloria’s students, she became a teacher.
Gloria started her teaching career around 1953 at Lincoln-
Lewis Junior High in Southington, Conn.
I was privileged to have had Miss Dowaliby as my seventh-grade English, history and homeroom teacher.