• Thomas Memorial Baptist Church announces the Personal Fitness Challenge, a six-week program for children who have completed grades three through six. The challenge will be Monday afternoons from 2:30-4:30 p.m. July 5-Aug. 10. Sessions will be held in the TMBC Recreation Center, 1111 West Washington St., Quincy.
Participants will engage in various physical exercises and activities designed to improve each individual’s physical and emotional well being. Each individual will compete only with himself or herself by tracking his/her progress for the various exercises and activities throughout the six weeks.
Registration will be limited to the first 40 paid registrants. Registration forms can be obtained from the TMBC office, which is directly behind the church’s sanctuary. Office hours are 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m. There is a fee of $15 for each participant.
Call TMBC at 627-8152 for more information. TMBC is located at 1001 West Washington St. in Quincy.
• First Baptist Church in Quincy holds Sunday School each week at 9:45 a.m., followed by worship at 10:55. Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. Sunday morning worship services are broadcast on Sunday events at 6 p.m. on 93.3 FM.
• Church services at Mt. Pilgrim Primitive Baptist Church are held the first, second and fourth Sundays at 11 a.m., and at 8 a.m. on the third Sunday of each month. Church school begins at 9:45 a.m. each Sunday morning.
• Mt. Zion Primitive Baptist hosts Sunday services each week with church school at 9:30 a.m., followed by the morning worship service at 11. The church’s clothes closet and food pantry is open to anyone in need.
• New Evangel Temple Church of God in Christ, located at 437 Williams St. in Quincy, holds Sunday School at 10 a.m. each Sunday, followed by a worship service at 11:30. For more information, call 850-875-2155.
• Second Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church hosts Sunday School each Sunday morning at 9:45 a.m. The church is located at 2718 Attapulgus Highway in Quincy.
• Highly Exalted Praise Ministries Inc. holds Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. each week, followed by worship at 11 a.m.
• Agape Christian Fellowship holds Sunday School each week at 9 a.m., followed by morning worship at 10:30.
• Shiloh Community MB Church and Outreach Center hosts Sunday School each week at 10 a.m. with worship afterward at 11.
• Deliverance Temple Church of God in Christ in Gretna holds Sunday School at 10 a.m. and a worship service at noon. Phone 856-5401 for more information or to request transportation.
• Gretna Kingdom Fellowship Center hosts a Sunday church service at 10 a.m. on the second and fourth Sunday of each month. The church also hosts a Tuesday evening Bible study at 7 p.m. each week.
• Tabernacle Church of Christ Written in Heaven holds services each first, third and fourth Sundays at noon, with Sunday School each week at 10:30 a.m.
• Glorious Praise Ministry hosts a Sunday meeting each week at 11:45 a.m. Call 544-4651 or 363-6471 for more information.
• Open Door Church in Gretna hosts Sunday School at 10:30 a.m. each week, followed by worship at noon.
• True Believers Church holds Sunday School each week at 10:30 a.m., followed by worship at 11:30.
• Trinity Tabernacle Interdenominational Church holds Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. each week, followed by worship at 11 a.m.
• The Institute of Divine Metaphysical Research Inc., a nonprofit, non-denominational religious and scientific research organization, is hosting free public Bible study lectures every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 to 9:40 p.m. For more information, call 556-3158.
• New Birth Church hosts weekly Bible studies each Wednesday night at 7 p.m., focusing on “The Purpose Driven Life.”
• United Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ hosts Sunday School each week at 10 a.m., followed by worship at 11:30 a.m. on the first, third and fourth Sunday of each month. For more information, call 875-0056.
• The Fellowship at Midway Church meets at the Riverfront Restaurant each Sunday at 10:30 a.m., with life groups meeting throughout the week.
• New Jerusalem MB Church will host TNT – Thursday Nights Together – each week from 7 to 8 p.m. Julius R. Harris is the speaker.
• St. Mary MB Church holds Sunday School each second, third and fourth Sunday at 9:45 a.m., followed by worship at 11.
• Thomas Memorial Baptist Church holds Sunday morning worship services at 8;30 and 11 a.m. each week, along with 9:45 a.m. Sunday School. Evening worship begins at 6, with AWANA meeting for children in second through fifth grades at 4:30. A Wednesday prayer meeting begins at 6:30 p.m., as well as the youth “Crossover” meeting.
• Free Christian rap and Gospel CDs are available for adults and children. Call Stevie Tee at 297-2489 for more information.
• Church of Jesus Christ Holy Mission Pentacostal hosts church school each week at 11 a.m. and services at noon. Sunday evening services start at 6 p.m.
• Highly Exalted Ministries Inc. holds Bible services and prayer Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Call 627-4216 for more information.
• Rev. Roosevelt Hardy Sr., pastor of New Bethel AME Church in Quincy, will be honored with a retirement party at East Gadsden High School July 17 at 6 p.m. For more information, call 627-3240 or 509-1553.
• House of Prayer-Fellowship of Praise Ministries, located at 1410 Live Oak St. in Quincy, holds Sunday School at 10 a.m. each Sunday morning, followed by worship at 11, and a Bible study on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. Call 875-1884 for more information.
• New Beginnings Assembly of God is offering “Transformation Station,” a way out of drug and alcohol addiction and abuse. Call 364-5137 for more information. The church is located at 7579 Florida-Georgia Hwy. in Havana.
• New Frontier Kingdom will host an outreach ministry, “Feed the Children,” for children ages 8-17, including breakfast at 9:30 a.m. and lunch at 12:30 p.m. Program activities include Bible classes, performing arts and more. The church is located at 112 N. Madison St. in Quincy. Call 251-7773 or 875-4791 for more information.
• Old Bethel AME Church will celebrate its 129th anniversary July 12 at 11 a.m.
• Faith Temple of Jesus Christ will celebrate its pastor’s 29th anniversary July 19 at 11:30 a.m.
• On the Move for Jesus in Gretna will host a youth conference July 8-11. Beginning at 7 p.m. July 9, Leon Stoney will be the guest speaker, and at 7 p.m. on July 10, Theotis Gaddis will speak. On July 11 at 6 p.m., Drayton Bass will speak at Glory Tabernacle Church of God in Gretna to close out the conference.
The church hosts services each first through fourth sunday at 11 a.m., with Sunday School at 10, Monday night prayer at 6:30 p.m. and a Bible study on Wednesday nights at 6:30.
• Fellowship of Praise/House of Prayer & Restoration Ministries will host “Eight Days of Prophetic Conference” through July 4. Nightly servicces begin at 7 p.m. The church is located at 1410 Live Oak St. in Quincy.
• COGA will host its annual family and church growth conference July 13-17 in Panama City. For more information, call Terry Fitzgerald at 567-4659.